Who we are
The Road Freight Association was established in 1975 to support its members who are, in the main, road freight service providers. It is a facilitating body which influences the state of the industry, rates, upkeep of the road infrastructure, road safety, freight security, driver interests, cross-border transport, development funding for emerging operators, education, health, the fuel price, law enforcement, labour relations and many other issues related to road freight transport.
The Association's member companies include small and medium-sized trucking companies, including many family-owned businesses, owner operators, as well as most of the largest trucking companies in South Africa. RFA members come from all sectors of the trucking industry. For reward carriers and private carriers also belong to the RFA. The RFA's membership also includes a significant number of "allied trades" - those companies providing goods and services to the trucking industry.
The RFA is committed to serving you. Our members and staff bring a high degree of professional experience, knowledge and dedication to the association, which helps to put RFA's position across more effectively.
As the voice of the trucking industry in South Africa, the RFA is an organisation with vision - your vision for the trucking industry.
The Vision of the RFA
- The voice of the road freight industry in South Africa.
The Mission of the RFA
- Adding value in a sustainable and professional manner to the road freight industry.
- Providing a collective voice for industry, thus representing the needs and interests of all road freight transport operators
- Pooling resources for the road freight transport industry, thus empowering members to tackle issues that they cannot handle on an individual basis.
- Supporting the establishment and growth of small businesses
- Ensuring that the industry is aligned with the value system of the country
- Encouraging the commitment of members to our core values and standards
Our Core Values
- Service Orientation