Benefits of being an RFA Member
Looking after the Road Freight Industry
As the voice of the trucking industry in South Africa, the RFA is your voice. It is important that you avail yourself of that opportunity to be heard. As an RFA member you will have the following benefits in the industry.
Through tactical lobbying, the RFA makes sure that the interest of operators is protected and addressed at the right levels of government up to the highest office in the land.
Through collective bargaining, the RFA negotiates all labour matters that influence the road freight and logistics industry. Our labour experts give guidance and advice on all labour related matters.
Our team gives advice and guidance on all technical and operational matters such as:
- All aspects of road transport legislation (AARTO, customs, abnormal loads, Dangerous goods)
- SANS Standards
- PRFO Programme (SANS1395)
- Green trucks
- Safe trucks
- Clever trucks
- Maxi trucks
Vehicle Cost Schedule
Specific templates to customise the cost for 81 different vehicle concepts.
Note: the data provided is based on a hypothetical model derived from publicly available information using assumptions and methodology determined by an independent expert – it is not a price calculation tool and is not intended to, and does not, reflect or determine the actual prices that may be charged by an RFA Member or any transport company rendering transport services.
- SMME starter kit
- Services from transport consultants (contract assessment & route planning analysis software)
- Contract pricing and indices Model prepared by Economists.co.za
- Labour related matters (skills development fund, employment equity, disputes)
- BEE consulting
- Seminars, workshops, conferences, social events & information sessions
- Retirement funding
- SANS1395 certification
- Social events (golf days, convention, challenge days, etc).
- Website platform to business, offer opportunities & business linkages
- Regional meetings to ensure face to face contact with our team members
- Social media platforms sharing latest industry updates & news
Small Business Support (SMME)
Support & guidance to SMME operators (telephonic, personal, electronic interaction)
Publications and Communication
Newsletters, press releases, electronic industry updates, access to online petitions. Input & feedback into impending legislation / policy pronouncements. Various social media platforms
Competition Law Guide
Competition law guide compiled by experts specifically for the road freight industry
Access to the wellness fund & trucking wellness through the partnership with the NBCRFLI